Holmhead Bunk Barn is an ideal budget accommodation for backpackers walking the Hadrian’s Wall National Trail or The Pennine Way – as it is situated directly on both trails. For cyclists on the C2C Hadrian’s Wall route, we’re only 300m from the route. From May – September, we recommend pre-booking of spaces.
The barn is divided into two sections, each with open-plan sleeping arrangements:-
Barn 1 A barn with south-facing double-glazed ‘French’ windows and a mezzanine floor with 1x single and 1x double mattresses. On the ground floor, there’s a bunk bed with seating / fold-out double bed and a separate sofa plus table and chairs. The ground floor also has a toilet, a separate shower and a kitchenette with gas hob, microwave, sink, toaster, cooking and eating utensils etc. this section will sleep up to 6 people. The rear door opens to a garden area with seating and table.
- Barn 2 A barn that has one bunk (for 2), twosingle beds and a double bed and some seating. There is a rear door allowing access to the garden and a shower + toilet / washbasin which is in an outbuilding. There is also a door to the other part
of the barn, for access to further toilet and shower and the cooking facilities.
- Camping Pitches There are a limited number of tent pitches available in the barn garden, which have access to the shower / toilet in the outbuilding. We advise pre-booking of pitches wherever possible
Barn and Camping Rates (2014)
Barns 1 & 2:
- £13.50 per person per night. Barn 1 can be booked exclusively at £60.00 per night, or £90.00 per night for both parts which would accommodate up to 12 people in total).
Tents: 4 – 5 pitches are available at £7 per pitch for single-occupant tents or £5 per person for larger tents.
- Sleeping bag hire: We can provide sleeping bags and hire liners at £3.50 per person.
- Towel hire: Available at £1.50 per person